Sealcoating is a cost-effective way of boosting your driveway’s beauty while protecting it from oxidation, oil, water, and chemical intrusion, at the same time preventing any form of damage.
So, how do you know it’s time for seal coating? Let’s find out:
Ideally, a seal coating can last for an average of 2-3 years.
However, determining when the driveway was last sealed, especially if you’re not the original owner and you’ve purchased the home recently, can prove to be complicated.
You can easily tell when it’s time to seal coat your asphalt driveway if you know where and what to look for. The common indications to look out for include:
- Fine spidering-like cracks are appearing on the surface
- The dark blacktop has faded to a dull, gray coloring
- Water is not beading and rolling away
- Grass and weeds are breaking through the blacktop surface, especially at the edges of the driveway
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to start budgeting for a new seal coating job. Ignoring these signs leaves your driveway vulnerable to damage, so act fast.
Need Sealcoating Services in New Braunfels, TX, and The Surrounding Areas?
Our experts at Coats of Armor can help with virtually any asphalt-related service. You can count on us to work on any of your projects, big or small; give us a call if you need:
- Asphalt paving
- Asphalt repair or maintenance
- Seal coating
- Chip sealing
- Line stripping for asphalt and other surfaces
- Concrete services and more
Looking forward to assisting you.