Chip sealing is among the most common pavement treatments. It provides a cost-effective way of extending pavement life in high-traffic areas.
And because chip sealing is a quick and easy treatment, it can often be performed more economically than overlays, milling, and resurfacing.
That’s why we’ve summarized the benefits of chip sealing pavements below!
- Ease of Maintenance: Chipping and sealing require less equipment and labor than grinding, and it provides a smoother riding surface.
That saves you money every time your department responds to an emergency.
- Improved Safety and Performance: Pavement chip seals improve the riding quality of your roadways, which can reduce the number of accidents.
They also help repel water, which reduces hydroplaning in wet weather conditions. These features mean better performance for both motorists and pedestrians alike.
- Durability: Pavement chip seals protect against wear from rain, snow, or even heavy traffic, giving roads a longer life cycle that saves you money in the long run!
- Cost-Effectiveness: While chip sealing isn’t necessarily the cheapest option, it is one of the most cost-effective.
It can increase the lifespan of your pavement, so you won’t have to spend money on as many maintenance treatments.
And because it’s easy to perform, you can save even more money by doing some of the work yourself!
- Environmental Benefits: By prolonging the life of your roadways, chip seals reduce the need for costly reconstruction or overlays.
You’ll also end up saving in the long run since you won’t have to raise taxes or make other budget cuts to cover the cost of replacing the pavement.
- Quality of Life Improvements: Many drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists prefer a smooth, even surface for their travels.
A chip seal provides a safer, more comfortable road surface for all modes of travel.
It’s also easier on your vehicle’s tires and brakes, so it saves additional wear and tear on your equipment while prolonging its life!
- Good Looks: Pavement chip seals are excellent for adding curb appeal to your roads!
They improve safety and performance while providing an attractive surface that stands out from other maintenance options in your community!
Renew Your Pavement in Canyon Lake and the Surrounding Areas
We serve Canyon Lake, San Marcos, Seguin, Spring Branch, Wimberley, Buda, Kyle, Lockhart and New Braunfels and the surrounding areas up to 50 miles.